Due to the COVID-19 pandemic DSFT, like many other businesses, have introduced a raft of measures in line with government COVID Secure guidelines and industry-specific guidance to keep our staff and customers safe.
Unfortunately the measures introduced do restrict our capacity due to the extra time taken on cleaning and keeping customers socially distanced from each other. This also restricts what we can and cannot do for the time being due to the equipment required by each student. For your specific situation, read the relevant section below.
Unfortunately we cannot currently accept bookings for trial lessons. This is due to the necessity of headset sharing, the microphones of which cannot be cleaned to a sufficient standard due to the nature of COVID-19.
Vouchers purchased directly through DSFT will be extended free of charge until such a time that they can be completed safely. People with vouchers purchased through third party suppliers such as Into The Blue or Adventure001 etc. will need to contact their voucher supplier for more information.
You will need to provide your own high visibility jacket(s), face covering(s), and headset(s). To maintain adequate social distancing inside the school office, only the aircraft hirer will be permitted in the office, any passengers must wait outside.
You will need to provide your own high visibility jacket, face covering, and headset so nobody has any form of contact with people outside of their household. Unfortunately, to maintain adequate social distancing, no friends or family will be allowed inside the school office.
On The Day
Please do not attend (but let us know!) if:
- You or anyone within you household have any symptoms of COVID-19
- You have been in close contact within the previous 14 days with anyone that has COVID-19
New Procedures For Arrivals and Aircraft
- Please arrive at your allotted time, please do not arrive early.
- On arrival, please wait to be invited into the office once you have made us aware of your presence.
- Before you enter the building we will check your temperature with a contact-free thermometer. A temperature reading of 37.8º or above will result in you being sent home.
- When entering the office, please sanitise your hands with the provided contact-free pump (or head straight to the bathrooms to wash them).
- School offices and briefing rooms will be limited to one student or member per room to maintain adequate social distancing.
- All aircraft will be cleaned in-between students/hirers. Wipes are supplied in each aircraft and are to be disposed of immediately after use in the supplied bin bags.